Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Songs Ever (Music)



Christmas is near, I really love Christmas it's the happiness time of the year and when that time arrived I would play non-stop Christmas songs. I love Christmas too much, I always send the CD sometimes e-card attached Christmas song  as a holiday gift to my close friend and cousin on Christmas day.

If you are a lover of Christmas song surely you can enjoy this list that I wrote to you about the 10 of my favorite Christmas songs ever, some of them come from the traditional carols and Christmas-themed pop hits which was selected by frequency of most played in my iPod. Finally, I so regret if some information of each lists maybe incorrect. Finally, merry Christmas to you!! and I hope that you all will enjoy reading my blog.

10. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Christmas Time Is Here 


This song is the original soundtrack from an animation movie Charlie Brown which released in 1965 and became to the most popular Christmas music of all time


"Christmas time is here
happiness and cheer
fun for all that children call
their favorite time of the year"

9. Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)



A rock and roll holiday song original sung by Darlene Love in 1963 and became a big success of all time,  the song was covered many times by different  artists but the original of Love is my favorite Christmas song ever.

"Pretty lights on the tree
I'm watching them shine
you should be here with me
baby please come home"

8. Annie Lennox - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen



God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen is an English traditional Christmas carol that was recorded by the most successful female British artist Annie Lennox. I love this beautiful music video so much.


"God rest you merry Gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay

Remember Christ our Saviour
Was born on Christmas-day
To save our souls from Satan's power
Which long time had gone astray
This brings Tidings of Comfort and Joy"


7. Whitney Houston - Joy To The World

    

The most popular traditional carol that was sung by so my artists but I love to listen the version of Whitney Houston, she recorded this song with the Georgia Mass Choir include the original soundtrack album "The Preacher's Wife" to the 1996 movie at the same name. It's the best selling gospel album in history.  

"No more let sins and sorrows grow,
nor thorns infest the ground;
he comes to make His blessings flow
far as the curse is found,
far as the curse is found,
far as, far as, the curse is found."

6. Wham - Last Christmas


Last Christmas is the contemporary song that was written by George Michael and sung by British pop duo Wham in 1984, this song became to the most popular song of all time and has been covered by many artists since it's original release. 


"Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
but the very next day you gave it away.
This year
to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special"

5. Neptune's Daughter OST. - Baby It's Could Outside 


Baby It's Could Outside wrote by Frank Loesser premiered in 1944 and then this song earned the 22nd Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1949 from a film Neptune's Daughter. Originally, this song was not intended to be Christmas song but in the early years it's was played only during at Christmas time. 

"I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice"

4. Celine Dion - Oh Holy Night


O holy Night is a well-known traditional Christmas carol that was recorded by various artists for long time but my favorite is a version of Celine Dion, she recorded this song include in her first English language holiday album name's "These Are Special Times" in 1998. It's one of the most successful album in history and has been certified "x5 platinum" in the US.


"O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Til He appeared and the soul felt it's worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoyces
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn"

3. Mariah Carey & John Legend - When Christmas Come 



Mariah Carey wrote this song together with Jame Poyser included on her second Christmas album Merry Christmas II You in 2010, then it was re-record as a duet with Jone Legend and released a year after via digital download. 

"Because this Christmas time
Get together
It's gonna be so nice
Better than ever
And baby you're the one
Special treasure
I can't wait to unwrap your love
Until Christmas comes"




2. Justin Bieber - Mistletoe


Mistletoe song by Justin Bieber the most popular male artist in this era, he recorded this song as the lead single on his first Christmas album name's Under The Mistletoe in 2011, this song received generally positive feedback and reached to the top chart in many countries around the world, Mistletoe sold more than 160,000 copies in it's first week of release in US.  

"I don't wanna miss out on the holiday
But I can't stop staring at your face
I should be playing in the winter snow

But I'mma be under the mistletoe"



1. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You



All I Want For Christmas Is You is the lead single form Mariah Carey's Christmas album in 1994 and became to the most popular and most played Christmas song of the decade. 

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
You"



No comments:

Post a Comment